Friday, June 09, 2006

The Been There, Done That Guide

It was right about this time last year that I started thinking about possibly getting my MBA and discovered all that the wonderful b-school blogosphere has to offer a potential applicant. I recall spending my afternoons at work immersed in reading the archives of veteran applicants, feeling both envious of their admits and excited to discover how my own application story might unfold.
As it is with my own blog, the useful applicant entries somehow get lost in the midst of other ramblings; hence I decided to make this entry a summary of all the critical points in the process. And so in hopes that I may be an inspiration to the unsure applicants throughout the land that I now leave you with...


The Been There, Done That Guide to MBA Admissions
(Share It with Someone You Love)
*Disclaimer - I am in no way claiming to be an expert on the subject. The following are my personal opinions and advice and are based on my experiences.*
Step Three: Timing is Everything
Step Four: Make your Boss Work for You
Step Five: Become a Writing Enthusiast
Step Six: Begin the Courtships
Step Seven: Find a Trusty Editor
Step Eight: Stay Sane
Step Nine: Sell Yourself
...the above steps are to be linked to entries expanding on the topics in the near future...

10 Comments:

Anonymous christian, ca said...

marina

that for the tips. you are now one of those inspiring bloggimg weterans....i will look forward to reading about your experience at school, that is if you are continuing the blogging.

June 09, 2006 4:27 PM  
Blogger ZhiLuv said...

weterens...sounds dirty.

June 09, 2006 6:22 PM  
Blogger Anand said...

thanks for compiling this. i was short listing some blogs, that i would go through for tips and to learn from the experiencies. Your was one. Your compilation would certainly be a great help, thanks

June 10, 2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger Continental Drifts said...

Thanks for providing the list! It's so nice to be able to read how others went through the same process!

June 12, 2006 8:56 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Thanks Christian!

June 12, 2006 9:51 AM  
Blogger MBA Cutie said...

dont know how many... probably a lot! didn't know you were interested in banking! can't wait to see ya!

June 12, 2006 6:29 PM  
Blogger Forrest Gump said...

this blog is definitely turning out to be a mine of great information. keep up the good work.

June 13, 2006 8:49 PM  
Blogger mba_salsera said...

It's nice to see you were where I am now just a year ago. Now you're on your way to a great school! There is hope for me yet. You're an inspiration to us MBA hopefuls :-) I'm going to try to make the Happy Hour tomorrow night! Thanks for the encouraging words!

June 14, 2006 10:53 AM  
Blogger JatWarrior said...

Wow! great job, marina. Every single post of this blog is useful.

June 15, 2006 10:35 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanx for sharing! and it's truly great idea to compile all the links in single entry. I'll be sure to come back and check every once in a while~

June 30, 2006 2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home